Starting a Company in Colombia and Trademark Registration
November 24, 2020
Starting a company in Colombia is a legal procedure that you can make if you want to get into the colombian market place. If you want to understand how to set up a business in Colombia, you're in the right article.
If you want to start a company or make a trademark registration for your products or services, it isn't mandatory to make the process with a lawyer but we always recommend you to contact our legal representative to assist you in your legal process, because each type of business and trademarks has it owns legal requirements. Our law firm is specialized in Trademark Registration and business incorporations, contact us (310) 5706331.
Benefits of Starting a Company in Colombia:
- You will have the direct control, over the company operations and employees.
- You can build relationships with local partners and customers.
- Holding fixed assets is possible with a legal entity. if you are starting a company in Colombia.
If you want to know a little bit more about the types of companies in Colombia. We invite you to visit the next legal article: How to incorporate a company in Colombia?
Requirements of Starting a Company in Colombia:
- Company Incorporation document of the foreign business.
- Certificate of existence and legal representation, which certifies the existence of the foreign company, corporate bodies and powers of its legal representatives.
- Resolution issued by the competent entity where the opening of the branch in Colombia is approved, including, name, activities, assigned capital, address, duration, powers of the representatives and fiscal auditor.
- Single Business Registration Form.
- Registration form in the Single Tax Registry.
Process of Starting a Company in Colombia:
For the process of starting a company you or your law firm will have to:
- 1.Constitute incorporation through a public deed or through a private document; This depends on the type of company that has been selected.
- 2. Manage the 1648 Format (pre-RUT) through the website of the Direction of National Taxes and Customs (DIAN).
- 3. Register the private constitution document or the public deed in the chamber of commerce located in the city where the company will have its principal domicile. This organization issues the certificate of existence and provisional representation.
- 4. Open a bank account.
- 5. Obtain the Single Tax Registry (RUT) at the DIAN.
- 6. Bring the copy of the RUT certificate to the Chamber of Commerce. After 24 hours, the certificate of existence and final legal representation have to be issued.
- 7. Activate the bank account, that you must show the certificate of existence and final legal representation.
Contact us at (310) 5706331
or fill out the next Contact Form
Benefits of Trademark Registration in Colombia
The benefits of the trademark registration in Colombia are:
- Trademark registrations allows companies to have a standout element.
- A registered trademark may build trust with clients.
- Some trademarks are even more valuable than all tangible of a company.
- It generates the exclusive right to prevent third parties who sell products and offer identical or similar services with identical or similar trademarks.
- Guarantee some quality in your products.
Read more about: Trademark Protection in Latinamerica
Requirements of Trademark Registration in Colombia:
The legal requirements of the trademark registration in Colombia are:
- Trademark registration application complete form with the respective NICE classification of your product or service.
- Payment receipt.
- 8cm x 8cm art of your brand (This applies if your distinctive sign is three-dimensional, figurative or mixed).
- If you are a micro-entrepreneur and want to get the discount due to your condition, you must complete the form called
- "Reduction of fees at the request of registration of distinctive signs for micro-companies" with the information requested in it.
- If your procedure are being carried out by a law firm, must present the corresponding power of attorney.
Do you need a Trademark Lawyer or Company Incorporation Lawyers in Colombia?
As a foreign investor that need to start your company in Colombia, it is advisable for you to get help from experienced business and corporate law attorneys in Colombia, Contact us at: (310) 5706331
. At AGT Attorneys, we take pride in offering you the most qualified attorneys with wide experience in foreign investment in the country.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to legal affairs? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook AGT Attorneys
and Twitter @AttorneysAGT
Don't Miss These Other The Most Read Articles
February 04, 2019
How to get a cannabis license in Colombia for cultivation...
Colombia is becoming the new global leading in the medical cannabis business, in 2015 the government sign a decree legalizing and regulating th...
September 25, 2020
Business Lawyers in Colombia, With the Best Legal Solutions
Our business lawyers in Colombia will handle all your legal procedures, assuring you the best outcomes until your business legal process is fin...
April 13, 2021
Cannabis Licenses Lawyers in Colombia
Until February 29, 2020, in Colombia, 608 cannabis licenses have been processed, granted by the Ministry of Justice and Law.
December 15, 2020
What is Surrogate Motherhood in Colombia?
According to the Sentence T-968 of 2009 of the Constitutional Court, surrogate motherhood or "surrogacy" is the reproductive act that generates...