How to Apply for a Business VISA in Colombia?
December 26, 2019
Colombia is an open country for the business incorporation for foreign investors, in our legal framework we have the equality rights between foreign investors and the local ones. The only difference for foreign investors, is some others requirements to establish their business in Colombia. And there are some economic activities that aren't allowed for foreigners like: defense activities, security or toxic waste produced outside Colombia.
First of all you have to know all the types of VISAS that Colombia has for the differents economic activities that you can do here. According to the Art. 7 of the Resolution 6045:
- Visitor (V)
- Migrant (M)
- Resident (R)
Which Types of Business VISA There are in Colombia?
In Colombia, you can apply for a Business VISA in two ways:
- Business Visa Type M, as an Entrepreneur, which is conditioned to have formed or acquired participation in the capital of commercial society in the minimum amounts established.
- Business Visa Type M, as an Real Estate Investor, foreign investment which must have been registered directly in Colombia bound for property in the minimum amounts set out in chapter requirements.
Other Type M Visas:
- By Marriage
- Father or son of Colombian National for Adoption
- Under Mercosur Agreement
- As a Refugee
- As a Worker
- As an Entrepreneur
- As an Independent
- As Religious
- As Student
- As a Real Estate Investor
- As a Pensioner or Rentista
Which are the General Requirements to Apply for a Business VISA in Colombia?
The general requirements to apply for an entrepreneur business VISA in Colombia are:
- Passport with at least three months of expiration date and two blank sheets for the stamp of the business VISA.
- Copy of the passport where all the data where all the information of the person and a copy of the final seal migration is Colombia.
- If the procedure will be done by an attorney, you must have the power of attorney, to enable it for that purpose.
- Criminal record certificate, valid for up to 3 months.
- Certificate of existence and legal representation.
- Fill out the electronic form of the Colombian Foreign Ministry website.
- There are other specific documents that you will need depending on the mode in which you will request the investor of business VISA.
There are other documentation with certain characteristics, so that when you're going to apply for your investor visa, you can obtain it without any problems, if you wish to apply for an investor visa in Colombia, we invite you to contact our lawyers in Bogotá, through the following contact form.
Which are the General Requirements to Apply for an Entrepreneur VISA in Colombia?
When you're going to apply for this type of business VISA, the foreigner have to acquire a capital in commercial society with an amount not lower than a hundred (100) current legal monthly minimum wages, and the next documentation:
- Letter of application with the next information: company name, address and Tax Identification Number (NIT) of the incorporated or invested company.
- In the case of joint-stock companies, participation in the company will be credited with a certificate of shareholding signed by a public accountant, indicating the amount of capital or asset registered and paid owned by the foreigner requesting the investor business visa, which may not be less than the equivalent of one hundred (100) current legal monthly minimum wages.
The business visa authority may require the presentation of the original company contract, incorporation document or financial information of the company when the documentation provided is insufficient, it has inconsistencies or requires clarification.
Which are the General Requirements to Apply for a Real Estate VISA in Colombia?
To opt for this business visa, the foreigner must acquire a property for an amount not less than three hundred and fifty (350) current legal monthly minimum wages and must provide:
- Certificate of freedom and tradition of the property acquired that proves ownership of the domain.
- Communication issued by the Department of International Changes of the Bank of the Republic which records the registration of foreign direct investment for the purchase of real estate in the name of the foreigner requesting the investor business visa, in accordance with the provisions of the general regime of foreign and foreign investment or its additions or modifications, and other current Colombian regulations in force.
Do you Need a Businness VISA Attorney in Colombia?
In AGTAttorneys we have the best commercial lawyers in case of an application for an investor business visa in Colombia, we invite you to schedule an appointment with our lawyers through the following contact form, call us at the following number: +57 1 702-3671
or make the payment of Your personalized advice either by phone, in person or at home in the following link.
We want to know your opinion about this article about an application for an investor business Visa in Colombia, if you want to know about a specific legal issue, let us know and we will write about it.
If you found this article helpful then let us know in the comments section below. Likewise, feel free to share it using the share options below. Want us to cover another topic of your interest pertaining to legal affairs? If so, then like us and follow us on social media, and post to any of our social media profiles the topic you'd like us to discuss: Facebook AGT Attorneys
and Twitter @AttorneysAGT
Don't Miss These Other The Most Read Articles
February 04, 2019
How to Get a License of Manufacture and/or Cultivation of...
Colombia is becoming the new global leading in the medical cannabis business, in 2015 the government sign a decree legalizing and regulating th...
July 16, 2018
All you Need to Know About Getting Marriage in Colombia
Nowadays, it is very common to see marriages between Colombians and foreigners, but besides the celebration, there's a lot you need to know...
January 29, 2018
How to Get the Invima Health Registration in Colombia If ...
Most food manufacturers and importers know it is mandatory to obtain a registration certificate from INVIMA (National Medicine and Food Surve...
June 18, 2019
Can Two Foreign Get Married in Colombia?
Nowadays, it is very common to see marriages in Colombians with foreigners and between foreigners. Some of them just want to get married with a...